Doordarshan currently operates 30 channels - 7 all-India channels, 11 regional language satellite channels, 11 state networks and 1 international channel. Doordarshan has 3-tier programme service - National, Regional and Local.
- DD National (DD-1): It is a number one channel in the country in terms of absolute viewer-ship. It provides a healthy mix of entertainment, information and education. All important events, including Question Hour in Parliament, are covered live on this channel. In satellite mode, DD National is available round-the-clock.
- DD India : This international channel of Doordarshan was launched on 14 March 1995, as DD World, with a mission to build bridges of communication with Indians abroad. The Channel was renamed DD India in 2002. It is watched in 146 countries.
- DD Sports : It was launched on 8 March 1999. Starting from six-hours-a-day broadcast, it became a free, round-the-clock satellite channel on 15 July 2003.
- DD Bharati : The channel was launched on 26 January 2002. It telecasts programmes on health, children, music, dance and heritage. It also provides coverage to AIR Sangeet Sammelans.
- DD News (DD-2): It is the first and the only terrestrial news channel in the country. This bi-lingual (Hindi and English) 24-hours channel was launched on 3 November 2003. Its terrestrial reach is 49.1% by population and 25.5% by area.
- DD Direct Plus DTH Service: DD Direct + DTH service is now beamed from satellite INSAT- 4B at 93.5o E w.e.f. 1 July 2007. It is received throughout the country except Andaman & Nicobar Islands.