The Office of the Additional Director General (E) (North East Zone) had started its activities with a small contingent of officers and staff in a small building in Guwahati, since November 1999. As the Additional Director General (E) (North East Zone) Office was to play a catalytic role in the infrastructure development of broadcast stations in the North East, the need was felt to augment the Staff Strength and the Office infrastructure for the Zonal Office at Guwahati. This was done by posting a number of Officers and staff and hiring approximately 10000 sq.ft. for new office accommodation near Ganeshguri Flyover.The Zonal Office was declared to be fully functional w.e.f. 1.4.2003. The possession of the new Office building was taken on 1.4.2003.
- Installation, testing & commissioning of the all projects of AIR of North East Zone.
- Execution of the projects of AIR under Special Scheme of North East Zone.
- Selection, acquisition & related activities in respect of the sites of new projects
- Supervision of maintenance & operations of AIR stations/Doordarshan Kendras.
- Co-ordination of the requirements of spares by the Stations/Kendras.
- Finalization of funds requirements under head “IEBR” and “ARCA”.
- Periodical inspection & Technical guidance to the Station / Kendras
- Working as a link between AIR & Doordarshan Directorates on one hand and stations on the other for periodical returns and other activities.
- Service matters of Subordinate Engineering Staff in the Zone including transfer, promotion, departmental examination, etc.
Engineering Personnel Management
- Cadre control for the subordinate engineering staff of A.I.R. and Doordarshan stations in the North East Zone , viz, Senior Engineering Assistants, Engineering Assistants, Senior Technician, Technician ,Mast Technician, Diesel Technician, Diesel Engine Driver , Helper and Khalasi.
- Issue of Seniority and Eligibility lists for promotion to various cadres in the North East Zone. Issue of MACP for Eligible subordinate Engineering Staff of North East Zone.
- Maintenance of Roster Registers in various cadres.
- Conducting Departmental Examinations for promotion from the cadre of S.E.A. to A.E., Sr. Technician to E.A. and Helper to Technician.
- Maintenance of Annual Confidential Dossiers of subordinate staff of the N.E. Zone.
- Conducting D.P.C. for various cadres.List of promotions from E.A. to S.E.A.’s cadre and from Sr. Technician to E.A.’s cadre have aleady been issued.
- Identification of personnel for various training courses and forwarding nominations to Staff Training Institute (T), Delhi and Regional Staff Training Institute (T), Shillong.
- Rationalization of Subordinate Engineering Staff at various Doordarshan and All India Radio Installations for the better Operation and Maintenance Technical Hardware Infrastructure.